1.10.2013

a quaint heart



A heart.

For Valentine's Day.




I wanted something quaint & simple and seeing as how I had these gold rings from a crocheted belt that I was going to make...well, how about putting them to use for this?




A simple single crochet around the edge of the ring.




Round 2 is a super easy scalloped edging of ch 5 into every 4th stitch.




Then onto a heart.

The pattern for this I got from Nicky Epstein's book:  crocheting on the edge.




Traced the bottom of a vase & cut out a circle from cardboard and fabric...




...I folded and glued the edges down.  Then glued all of this to the crocheted ring.




Adhered the crocheted heart to the front & found a tiny, antique button in my button tin that was just perfect for this.





Quaint indeed.





26 comments:

♥ sara ♥ said...

BELLISSIMO!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Very cute and very easy (for you)!

Faith said...

lovley, and who doesn't love scallopy simple edges...very cheerful and bright nice job.

Tina said...

So lovely and cute. Well done. I love quick little works like that. :)
xx

Barbara said...

That's really cute! I've got lots of beautiful little fabric samples lying round, and this would be a great idea to use them - thanks for the inspiration!

Stine Hoelgaard Johansen said...

So very cute

Happy New Year, Stine:)

Nena said...

This is so nice!

Carolina said...

Gorgeous!

Marilyn said...

Oh what a sweet ♥ you made....I really ♥ it...
and even tho' it's 10 days in...it isn't too late to say
HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and may this be the best one yet...and I look forward to all of your wonderful creations...
♥♥♥♥♥♥...

Pradeepa said...

Very cute!

Miss Holly said...

This is perfection!!!!!

Tangled Sweetpea said...

Gorgeous
Xx

Taci simmons said...

How sweet! It's beginning to look a lot like Valentines :)

Gosia said...

Śliczna walentynka!

Anna said...

Soooo sweeeet !
Have a lovely weekend.
Hug
Anna

Wendy said...

how sweet!

heidi said...

totally irresistible:)

CriCri said...

I love it!! <3

Unknown said...

Splendido!!!! grazie per il tutorial :-)
buon fine settimana!!
Antonella

Anonymous said...

Your Valentine heart is absolutely gorgeous! And your tutorial equally beautiful! I love the collage of images so much.

Your little frame would work so well with other knit or crochet miniatures! You have given me some ideas!!!! :-)

pam said...

I don't understand how i became anonymous! The last message above is from me!!!

Rani said...


LOVE!

Bari Jo said...

This is so sweet and I love the antique button!!! Old button boxes are the best!! Happy New Year! ;O)

annemarie said...

Lovely - you are so clever!

Ewelina said...

Great idea! I love it! :)

Unknown said...

How can I learn to make the heart?